InStep Studio V3.0 BETA
The New Version of InStep is going into Public Beta !!!!
During this time, we invite users to try out the application for free*.
If you are not interested in participating in the Beta Testing of the application, you can return to the Legacy version through this link:
InStep (Legacy, V2.3.11)
Want to browse the new Help section? Take a look here: InStep 3.0 Help Pages
The InStep Studio 3.0 Application is still considered to be in open 'Beta', this means:
- Bugs and the application crashing are possible: we try to fix/avoid them, but this is one of the main purposes of the Beta phase
- Use of the application and resulting data is at your own risk.
- Though we have worked with and used the application for hundreds (thousands?) of cases, it is difficult to anticipate every possible scenario.
- Eventually, the application will be released in a commercial setting and Beta users will no longer be able to access the application for free (expected license cost: approx. $250)
- Occasionally, the website may be slow to respond if/when updates are being added. Please give it a few seconds and then try again.
- Files you import/use may be transmitted* to us (see below)
- Help files are still under development and are likely to change as the application development continues. It may happen that information online is out of date for short periods of time
- The application 'Release Candidate' is just around the corner. This is the time to voice any requests/issues.
As this is a Public Beta cycle, the application will upload a message to our server if (and only IF) there is an error that causes the normal workflow to become corrupted.
As we fully understand that you may be working with files that are confidential, the application allows you to change the default behavior to prevent files (the mesh file that caused
the issue as well as the log file) to be automatically uploaded (but you can still do so manually from the Help menu). To disable the automatic upload, go to Settings > Application Settings >
Data: AllowLogFileUpload & AllowProblemFileUpload and set them to False. This will, if an error is encountered, only message our server that an error was encountered and in which
library/function but does not contain any personal information or files from your computer (and therefore usually also not enough information for us to recreate the issue).
As the debugging process helps both you and us, we hope that you take the time to let us know what does and what does not work for you. Even if the
application does not crash, you can submit a ticket/request either from the user account page or from within the application's Help Menu. Submission of error information
greatly helps us in further improving on the application. If you do not submit an error report (either automatic or manually), do not expect the bug/issue to be discovered or addressed...
If the above information is acceptable to you, we invite you to sign up for a free account and download the application.
To do so, please visit the SignUp page and
use Access Code: FoQCRW
Once you have signed up with a user name and your email (which you will need to verify), you will be able to download the latest version of the application
from the Login page. This is the main portal for all download/information related items. If you need to contact us, please
create a help-ticket so that we can address any concerns. You may receive an email, please add the domain '@solveering.com' to your safe-sender list or keep
an eye on your spam folder.
The best place to get help from is the New Online Help section which is accessed through the new portal (the main links still
point to the older version). From the application, go to the Help menu and select the Online Help option. If the issue is related to
your online account, you can find a help link on the account page. For any other inquiries (such as issues with signup/login), you can contact us through the
Contact Us page. Please keep an eye on your spam/junk folder as this is the most common issue with communications.
We strongly recommend working through the Tuturials to get up and running quicker than just 'trying' things to see what works. Though we have
no issue with that (is what we usually do), there are some subtle options/processes that may only become clear after going through the tutorials...
We would greatly appreciate it if you followed us on twitter:
Connect with us:
This is the most direct way for you to catch up on any 'quick' pieces of information as we will post there when a new release comes out with perhaps a quick screenshot and
some reasonably useful information. Alternatively, we will keep the space here to post quick pieces of information that are applicable to current releases, with
the latest on top:
- 02/28/2021: Minor corrections to items that were affected by the MeshLab-removal
- 02/24/2021: First set of Help files updated to reflect changes between R32 and R33 (still missing Tutorials)
- 02/23/2021: Beta Opened to All visitors, Release 33 is online
- 02/12/2021: All MeshLab functions removed due to incompatibily :(
- 12/30/2020: Limited Public Beta (yay!)
Have Fun !